Saturday, October 14

The space between night and dawn


 


In the whispering hours where shadows play,
Between full night and the birth of day,
When the sun bids the world goodnight,
I wonder, from where comes this light?

As dawn begins her slow ascent,
The stars retreat, their brilliance spent.
A pastel canvas spreads its wings,
Whispers of light that morning brings.

And when the sun dips low to rest,
In the cradle of the western crest,
The sky ignites in a fiery glow,
A final kiss before shadows grow.

The light that lingers, soft and thin,
Is it from within?
Molecules dance in the cooling air,
Spreading the sun’s farewell everywhere.

A tender veil, neither dark nor bright,
Guides me gently from night to light.
In these moments, serene and fleeting,
my wishes and the sky are meeting.

So, in the spaces between night and dawn,
Or evening's glow and night’s dark yawn,
I find the answer in the softest ray,
Reborn at the close of day.

 

This is one of my favorite poems! Again written about a month ago and well at the time I was having some problems but for the most part those are solved but yeah I'm rambling enjoy the poem.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment